Monday, August 9, 2010

How do you approach your spouse with serious issues in your marriage?

Well my spouse and I are headed for a divorce. We have been married for 7 years, did the marriage counseling but our marriage was far to gone to be saved. I loved my husband before all the mental abuse and neglect but he never cared to save our marriage until I was already past the line of being saved.





I don't know how to approach him and tell him how I feel. This is obviously one of the many reasons our marriage has failed lack of communication. I never had this problem before but years of him nagging at me bringing up issues has made me forget how to communicate all together. He knows something is wrong, he has asked me for the past couple of days. I guess fear too is also the problem I am having with telling him I want a divorce. How do you tell your spouse you want out and you hit the wall in your marriage?How do you approach your spouse with serious issues in your marriage?
Sit him down and tell him





';I want a divorce.';How do you approach your spouse with serious issues in your marriage?
If he is abusing you..you can seek your own counseling..domestic violence issues are very serious and damaging to the victims..could seek out a therapist and go together to confront the issues in a safe therapeutic place with a third party present
I wrote my ex-husband a long letter, and emailed it.





I thought this was a good idea, since we had been separated for a year already and I knew I wanted out...but didn't want to face the actual telling him outright.





We had to talk about it later, of course. But by then, he already knew my mind was made up and that he had to accept it was over.





Good luck. Do it soon. It won't be pleasant, but the sooner you do it, the better. Take care of yourself.
It's hard to believe that the two of you have made love, how many times and you can't seem to just talk to each other. Maybe down deep, you have already givin up, on the marriage. Communication is the best tool the both of you have for each other and you haven't been using it.
sorry you're going through this. the truth is, he probably aleady knows. just bring it up as gently as you can.
Just tell him direct to the point.No need to cushion it. You've done you best in the marriage and you couldn't be spending the rest of your life trying to save it esp. when your husband is just taking you and your feelings for granted. Time to pick up the pieces and move on with your life.He is selfish and please don't have a wishful thinking he will change for you. He is not worth it for you to stick around.
Why don't you just keep quiet for the next couple of years? Eventually things will work themselves out. Don't get impatient, don't try and talk your way into a good situation. Just be quiet and wait.





Marriage is not easy, fast, fun, or cheap. But it is interesting...
Just tell him, ';I'm divorcing you. I've had it with your a.s.s.';
Tell him the same way you have said it here. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment