Monday, August 9, 2010

How is it possible to like and respect your spouse when they are closed off?

and absolutely refuse to talk about anything meaningful with you? There are so many things off limits that it seems all we can talk about are things like the weather, politics (sick to death of that), world news and the economy (ditto), etc. We can also talk about small everyday things that have little consequence or things that involve the kids.


We have had some serious problems in our relationship and he agreed last summer that we would keep talking and working on making sure things don't go back the way they were. I have tried and tried to get him to COMMUNICATE with me but he won't. He makes promises to me that he fails to keep, with no explanation. I am supposed to know things without him telling me. I don't want to try to be a mind-reader anymore. When I try to get him to talk to me, he gets surly and says having a conversation with me is like ';pulling teeth'; - while I feel the same way about trying to get him to be more open with me. Back when we went to marriage counseling, that was the only time he opened up. In between the sessions, he never would. He hates marriage counseling and doesn't believe in it. We also could not afford it as it was around $140. a session. I have a feeling even if it didn't cost a cent, I couldn't get him to go back. Any suggestions?How is it possible to like and respect your spouse when they are closed off?
$140 is a lot of cash, I agree. It's only $18 for me because of my insurance plan, and we don't go, so you're right that he probably wouldn't go if it were less.





Can you respect someone you can't be candid with? I guess in a parent-child type way. You respect his authority, career, etc., but aren't a true equal.





I think you need to show him up. Show that you're better than him in some way. Maybe make him jealous.How is it possible to like and respect your spouse when they are closed off?
I think you need to ask him if he wants this marriage to last. If he does then he needs to fulfill your need of communication. My wife and I read this book called ';His needs, Her needs'; and the guy who wrote this is a genius! And I highly recommend this book to you guys, get it and then read it together and if you both want this marriage to work you guys need to fulfill each other needs.
I would say marriage counseling. At the same time you try to do the things that he does. Act like he does, dont tell him t hings then expect him to know about it. Sometime they get the hint when you act JUST like them...
Do you want this marriage to work.. If so..u are just going to have to work, and work on it.. However if you don;t..just move on..and let him know that u are done w/a one sided relationship..
This answer is super easy....





LEAVE HIM AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE.
  • natural hair
  • celebrity hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment