Monday, August 16, 2010

Is it wrong to ask your man to talk more?

I'm getting mixed advice from family and friends on what to do with my bf not talking about our problems. I thought by emailing him my concerns, it would give him time to think before he speaks and now he's not even writing back. We never communicate about our issues and it's ruining our relationship. My Mom says to give him his space and he'll talk when he wants to. Others are telling me to finally stand up for myself and grown some back bone. Problem is, when I give him space he just pretends like nothing happened.





For all you successfully married people out there, how do you handle this when your spouse shuts down? He's a really great guy and I see a lot of potential in our relationship but I know this will be the end of us if it doesn't change. I know you can't change someone but how do I fix this problem?Is it wrong to ask your man to talk more?
I did that once,it was a bad ideal. I told one of my bf's..now ex bf to talk to me more,and it all went loose he talked less and our relationship just hit rock bottom,i think u should always be there for him,and in time he will learn to talk to u about everything that he has in his mind,just give him sometime now to contact u,and when he does,just say u were just worry about him,hopefully it will work out.Is it wrong to ask your man to talk more?
I think you have done all you can by expressing you concerns to him. The ball is in his court now, its up to him to open and make it work if he so chooses. If he doesnt you are a strong woman so move on you deserve a man that will talk to you and work through the problems he may be having.
Problems don't get solved if they're not addressed. Many people feel that the problem goes away if they wait long enough. Trouble is, it's still there beause it was never fixed.





If this is how you communicate while dating, it will get worse once you're married.





You can't change another person, so you need to decide if this is something you can handle for the rest of your life. If not, move on. His form of communication will be right for someone else.
get him drunk then talk to him...........i know it sounds crazy but it works........





but b prepared to hear **** u won't like.........drunk ppl can b brutally honest..........but will give u what he's thinking......
This happens to everyone how I deal with it is to follow suit. Stop talking also. give yourself some time to think about things also. He will eventually get mad that you aren't talking anymore. and want to know why and that's when you lay it on him.
Your mom most likely has a terrible relationship with your father. Give him space? This isn't the 1920's, women need to stand up for themselves and their beliefs.





You emailed him? Are you serious?





That is not how couples communicate.





I think you have tried everything to get him to communicate. You say he is your boyfriend, I think you should find someone else that better fits you as this relationship is on;y going to get worse and he isn't going to change, and you shouldn't want him to change, he is who he is.





IM me if you want to talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment