Monday, August 9, 2010

How to keep your spouse?

Learning the hard way


In all the years that I have been alive, I always have learned most things the easy way. Until now!


I guess when you learn things the hard way; it sticks with you for a very long time.


The things that I have learned about myself and my relationship that I thought I had with my wife are not even close to what they really were.


I wish I did not have to learn them the hard way, but I did. I am not going to put them down in any particular order and the list is not long but here it is.


God in your home at all times. Not just when you need him. If not you will get slammed just as I have.


Respect your wife. She has a lot of feelings.


Never take advantage of your wife.


If your wife wants to be with you and what she wants you to do you is not your cup of tea, do it anyway. If it was important enough for her to ask you to be with her, then it should be important to you to be with her.


Help your wife out in whatever they do. Don鈥檛 wait to be asked. If she would do it for you, then do it for her. But don鈥檛 crowd them.


Communicate with your wife at every level of her life.


Pay attention to your wife. Listen to them. If they just want to talk, just listen. Don鈥檛 just listen to them, but hear what they have to say. Try to pick up on the little signals they leave you.


It is ok to have comfort in a marriage but not to get comfortable in your marriage.


You have to almost recreate your love every day to one another in order to keep the marriage strong.


Romance her as you would like to be romanced.


Do things on the spur of the moment.


Be thoughtful of your partner鈥檚 feelings.


Never ever turn down a chance to touch, feel almost sink into your wife鈥檚 body. A simple massage or back scratch can be very nice for both of you.


Never turn down a chance to make love or just have some plain old sex with your wife.


Try your best to understand her when she has a issue with you.


Never blow off what your wife is saying when she says we need to talk. There is a problem that she considers important enough to talk about.


Support her in any way through the good times and the bad times.


Treat your wife as a complete equal.


Never do the mommy thing. No call me when you get there. No call me when you leave. That is gone for good!!!!


Let her be. Sometimes she needs time away from you. She needs her own time and space.


Never be demanding on your partner. This one I thought I never did. But after seeing things a lot more clearly, I guess I was demanding.


Do a lot more things together. They don鈥檛 have to have to be exciting all the time. Sometimes even the little things that you do together can be the most rewarding. But without failure it is the quality of time that is spent together that is the important thing!!!


These are most of the things either I did not know about or may not of understand that what I was doing was wrong.


This I knew but had forgotten. Love your wife as you would love God!


Now that I am trying to do these things and try to repair what has been torn apart so badly, I can see clearly now that all these things and more need to be added to my heart and soul in order to be a true man and husband.


Not just a show that will close in a few months, but a life time of having these feelings, thoughts and emotions.


I am just at the start of what is to be a long and mistake filled road of learning. Remembering and keeping all these things that I have learned in active use.


I want to keep learning as I go, but never want to learn like this again!! It is very hard on the heart and soul.How to keep your spouse?
yeah. it's a lesson.How to keep your spouse?
So, this is some lesson, not a question?

No comments:

Post a Comment